Wednesday, May 13, 2015

[Poetry] the dark is better than the dim

i am quite simple
no revolutionary mind
nor revered engoldened tongue
an oft forgotten member of the Crowd
among awe-inspiring greatness of Others
and now stranded in this suffocating cave-in

with one desire to find freedom and give it
i followed the path set before my heart
now my crippling air hunger worsens
with successive breaths of agony
the Rocks press into my chest
Failure's imminence

lost in this tunnel
blacker than the others
through with i have traveled
i force shut my eyes to remove
the sparse Rays of Light which create
bleak chaos in Their cruel incompleteness

i realize the dark is better than the dim
for only then I feel Gravity's constant
which turns my scared gaze upward
so i can see clearly my Path
with the radiant light
found in the Above

No comments:

Post a Comment